Skip to content
Font size: A A
Contrast: C C C C
Accessibility How to use this site
Call 999 in emergencies or 101 for non-emergencies
Contact us

If you suspect that a child or young person is suffering any kind of abuse or neglect, then report it to us. We can work with other agencies to ensure that the correct action is taken.


What do I do now?

Report any suspicions that you might have; you don’t need to wait until you are sure.

Call the police: 999 in an emergency or 101 for non-emergencies.


What happens next?

The call taker on the phone will take as much detail as possible from you to assess the situation. The answers that you give will help us to know how to respond.

Gloucestershire Constabulary has a team of specialist officers who work closely with social care and other agencies to safeguard children. We can decide the best way forward once we have the information from you.


What else can I do?

We would encourage you to call the police; the information that you provide can be shared with other agencies to make sure that we keep our children safe.

If you don’t want to speak to the police, there are other agencies that you can contact

Glos Take a Stand

NSPCC 0808 800 5000 (adults concerned about a child)

ChildLine 0800 1111 (help for children and young people) 01452 426565 (Gloucestershire County Council office hours)

Crimestoppers 0800 555 111




Page last updated: 11 January 2018