If you report a crime online using the Crimestoppers secure online form or phone 0800 555 111 anytime from anywhere in the country, your anonymity is guaranteed.
Some people feel they can't speak to the police because:
- Fear from reprisal and retribution from criminal elements.
- Members of their family are criminals, but do not wish to compromise family ties.
- They have information about crime, but do not want to get involved.
If you use Crimestoppers to pass on information about crime:
- You won't be asked your name, address or phone number
- We will NOT contact you - if you want to ring us back we will give you a code number
- You may get a cash reward if your information leads to someone being arrested and charged
- You will still remain anonymous even when claiming a reward
- You won't have to go to court