How to report a rural, wildlife or heritage crime

If a crime is happening now or if there is immediate danger, call 999 now.

You can report rural, wildlife or heritage crimes using our dedicated online reporting forms. Following a trial, these forms have been improved to make it easier for you to tell us when and where these crimes are happening.

If you have witnessed a rural, wildlife or heritage crime, or have knowledge of an incident that may happen soon, you can report it by clicking the rural or wildlife crime link below. 

If you're not sure if it's a crime, please still use the online forms to report your concerns and we will investigate your report further if we need to.

Alternatively you can call us on 101.

Environment crime, such as illegal waste dumping and fly tipping, needs to be reported to your local council or other agencies. You can find out more about environment crime and where to report it on our environment crime advice and information page.

Rural crime

Rural crime is an issue for large areas of the country, but it tends to go unreported. It can impact on insurance premiums, food prices and damage local communities.

Heritage crime

Heritage crime is a type of rural crime and is defined as 'any offence which harms the value of England's heritage assets and their settings to this and future generations'.

It can include offences like lead theft from churches, damage to ancient monuments and illegal metal detecting.

Find out more about rural crime or report a rural crime.

Wildlife crime

Wildlife crime is any activity that goes against legislation protecting the UK's wild animals and plants. It can cause pain and suffering to animals, push species closer to extinction and can be linked to other serious crimes like firearms offences and organised crime.

Find out more about wildlife crime or report a wildlife crime.