Gloucestershire Constabulary are asking for assistance following burglaries at a property on Willersey Hill, Willersey, Broadway.
Sometime between 5pm on 7 March and 8.30am on 8 March three outbuildings were broken into at the property. A Polaris Ranger buggy was stolen together with power tools including chainsaws, a leaf blower and jet washer. The vehicle was later found in a ditch in Cleeve Prior and the other items were also retrieved.
The property was previously targeted on 9 February 2017 at around 10.30pm when unknown offenders gained access to the property stealing a safe and valuable jewellery.
We particularly want to hear from anyone who may have seen any kind of suspicious behaviour, unknown vehicles or even drone activity in the area - perhaps on the bridle way towards Weston Park – on or around these specific dates.
Please call 101 quoting incident number 460 of 9 February 2017 if you have any information that can help with our enquiries.
Gloucestershire Constabulary’s Neighbourhood Engagement Vehicle will be in Willersey on Tuesday 21 March at The Bell Inn car park from 11.30am. PCSO Paul Bowman will be talking to residents and offering safety advice and tips on how to protect properties from burglary.
Some top tips for protecting your property are below and further advice can be found here: https://www.gloucestershire.police.uk/staying-safe/keeping-your-home-property-safe/
- Keep your doors, windows and back gate locked – even when you’re at home
- Make your property look lived-in and loved
- Install security lighting
- Lay down some gravel
- Add trellis above side gates
- Store high value items in a properly secured and installed safe
- Install good quality CCTV
- Put up a window sticker advertising your alarm or CCTV
- Keep gardens tidy - Trim hedges and greenery
- Going away? Think mail, deliveries, lights and curtains.
- Defensive garden planting
- Buy good quality locks for your shed and consider adding wire mesh to any windows
- Move your wheelie bin
- Put up a ‘Beware of the Dog’ sign
- Make sure there are no tools or equipment in your garden that can be used against you
- Keep house and car keys out of sight
- Turn on the radio when you go out.
- Make your Apple iPhone, iPad or Mac unattractive – turn on the iCloud tracking
- Consider buying a letterbox cage
- Please provide your full name
- Please provide a valid email address