Skip to content
Font size: A A
Contrast: C C C C
Accessibility How to use this site
Call 999 in emergencies or 101 for non-emergencies
E-mail us
Monday 31 October 2016, 2:51 PM

Gloucestershire Police are aware of an upsurge in anti-social behaviour by youngsters riding motorcyles on public pathways throughout the Forest of Dean, particularly at weekends.   

Riding off-road motorbikes can be a popular pastime when ridden safely and in the appropriate place. However, when these bikes are ridden irresponsibly, often by young teenagers without care or consideration for others, they become a menace.   

It is illegal to ride any motorbike in public open spaces such as parks, play areas and on pavements. You can only ride an off road motorbike legally if it is on private land and you have the land owner’s permission. 

Gloucestershire Constabulary regularly receives complaints concerning the anti-social use of off-road motorbikes and we are doing all we can to tackle this issue and put a stop to it. We understand this can be a distressing issue for local communities and we do not want to see a young rider badly injured or an innocent member of the public hurt.  If you know someone who takes part in this activity please talk to them and advise them to stop.

We urge members of the public to call police on 999 if a crime is in progress, or 101 in a non-emergency to report anti-social use of motorbikes. If possible provide officers with as much information as possible so we can fully investigate such as the name, address and description of the motorbike rider/owner, where the bike is stored, when and where the bike is being used, and the make, model and colour of the bike.

More information about how to report anti-social behaviour can be found here: