About the scheme
Gloucestershire Constabulary's Ride Along scheme allows you to experience first-hand what your local officers are dealing with on a day-to-day basis.
Reasons for wanting to take part vary from person to person, but it could be that you are:
- considering applying to become a police officer (or Special Constable)
- interested in how police officers apply their powers (such as stop-and-search) during the course of their duty
- keen to have a better understanding of how your county is policed
This list is by no means exhaustive and where possible, we will try our best to facilitate your visit to ensure your reasons are addressed.
Terms and conditions
Before applying, please note that participants in the scheme must:
- be a resident in the Gloucestershire Constabulary area
- be aged 18 or above (younger people of 16 or over may take part under certain circumstances)
- undergo criminal record checks; if you have previous convictions, your involvement in the scheme will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- sign a disclaimer/confidentiality agreement before attachment (see application form)
Gloucestershire Constabulary reserves the right to refuse participation in this scheme and to terminate the Ride Along at any point if it is necessary for the officer or member of staff to carry out their work effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Please provide details for all of the required fields
- Please ensure you provide a valid email address