Forensic Analysis Bureau staff can take fingerprints from members of the public living in the UK, who require fingerprints for official purposes taken by an authorised body.
We provide fingerprints for:
- passports and identity cards
- visa applications
- police clearance from abroad
- good conduct certificates from abroad
- non-UK citizens to work with children in the UK
- Foreign professional exams (i.e N-PLEX - nursing)
- Working in the UK for countries that trade overseas
- For customers undergoing adoption procedures abroad, particularly in the USA
- For customers wishing to conduct business in or within the USA in various jobs or processions
- For part of an evidence kit for people working in countries with unstable regimes
What the Forensic Analysis Bureau does not provide:
- any criminal proceedings
- passport validation
- police clearance in the UK
- character enquiries/identity checks
What you will need to consider if you request the fingerprint service
To book an appointment for your fingerprints to be taken, you need to contact the Forensic Analysis Bureau on ForensicAnalysisBureau@gloucestershire.police.uk with your phone number. Alternatively you can call 101 and ask to be put through to the Forensic Analysis Bureau.
We are able to take fingerprints between the hours of 10:00am – 3:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Customers are required to make a payment for this service in accordance with Home Office guidelines.
- £90.12* for 1 set and £45.00* for additional sets
Payment can be made by cash or cheque (made payable to the PCC for Gloucestershire).
* The following countries are exempt from paying VAT and therefore the fees will be £75.10 for 1 set and £37.50 for additional sets.
Countries exempt from VAT:
Japan, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Zambia, UAE/Qatar, Canada, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Abu Dhabi, Jamaica.
Documents required for production by the customer should be the following:
- current passport, or
- full new style UK Driving Licence with photograph
For details on where to find us please click here
If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact the Forensic Analysis Bureau by emailing ForensicAnalysisBureau@gloucestershire.police.uk.
Alternatively you can call 101 as ask to be put through to the Forensic Analysis Bureau.
The Forensic Analysis Bureau normally provides the fingerprint forms, but several countries such as USA, Canada and Japan require their own specific fingerprint forms; this may be more than one form, please bring them along with you.
Should you require us to certify any documents in connection with this request, please ensure that photocopies and originals are brought with you.