Skip to content
Font size: A A
Contrast: C C C C
Accessibility How to use this site
Call 999 in emergencies or 101 for non-emergencies
Contact us

Antisocial behaviour is any kind of activity that has a negative impact on others. Selfish behaviour can cause distress and badly affect people's quality of life, but there are steps you can take to help resolve the problem.

Examples of antisocial behaviour:

  • groups behaving rowdily and taking over public spaces
  • graffiti, vandalism or fly-posting
  • people abandoning cars or dumping rubbish
  • drug dealing
  • begging
  • antisocial drinking
  • misuse of minibikes
  • misuse of fireworks

If you are experiencing antisocial behaviour, one of your first steps could be to contact your neighbourhood policing team who can provide support and advice and help you decide how best to deal with the situation.

If you and the perpetrator(s) are tenants of a social landlord, such as the council or a housing association, you can also report your concerns to your landlord.

If your quality of life is being seriously affected by the antisocial behaviour or making you fear for your safety or the safety of others, contact us directly.

In an emergency:

  • call 999

In a non-emergency:

  • report online here or
  • call 101

If the issue is noise-related, you should contact your local council; noise problems are usually dealt with by local authorities, rather than the police. Please select from the list below:

Page last updated: 26 March 2018