Skip to content
Font size: A A
Contrast: C C C C
Accessibility How to use this site
Call 999 in emergencies or 101 for non-emergencies
Contact us

If you have found an abandoned vehicle, you can report it to your local authority which will be responsible for removing it. Abandoned vehicles are not generally an issue dealt with by Gloucestershire police.

If you have found a burnt out vehicle, please contact your local council using the links on this page.

A car which has been been left in the same place on a road or pavement for a long time may not necessarily have been dumped. Have a look at the following points to help you decide whether a vehicle has been abandoned and needs to be reported:

  • are the tyres flat?
  • is there any rubbish around the vehicle or weeds growing beneath it?
  • can you see mould inside or outside the vehicle?
  • is the windscreen or any other window broken? 

For more advice, please choose your relevant council from below:


Page last updated: 19 February 2018