If you have found an abandoned vehicle, you can report it to your local authority which will be responsible for removing it. Abandoned vehicles are not generally an issue dealt with by Gloucestershire police.
If you have found a burnt out vehicle, please contact 101 or your local station. We will arrange recovery of the vehicle and carry out the necessary checks to identify the vehicle and determine whether it has been a subject of crime.
A car which has been been left in the same place on a road or pavement for a long time may not necessarily have been dumped. Have a look at the following points to help you decide whether a vehicle has been abandoned and needs to be reported:
- are the tyres flat?
- is there any rubbish around the vehicle or weeds growing beneath it?
- can you see mould inside or outside the vehicle?
- is the windscreen or any other window broken?
For more advice, please choose your relevant council from below:
- Gloucester City Council
- Cheltenham Borough Council
- Tewkesbury Borough Council
- Stroud District Council
- Forest of Dean District Council
- Cotswold District Council