Skip to content
Font size: A A
Contrast: C C C C
Accessibility How to use this site
Call 999 in emergencies or 101 for non-emergencies
Contact us

Enforcement of parking offences is shared between the police and local authorities. Before reporting a parking issue, check whether it is a council responsibility.

If, for example, a vehicle is blocking your driveway, you could first find out from your neighbours if they know who it belongs to. If you are still unable to locate the owner, then contact your local council:

Parking becomes a police issue when a vehicle is causing an obstruction or has been parked in such a way that it is causing a hazard to other road users or pedestrians. If this is the case, you can email us by clicking here, giving us details about your concerns.

Page last updated: 11 January 2018