Find out below which changes should be reported, how soon to report them, and who to report them to.


Advice tool

I'd like to make a change to my marital status

Thank you. You must make an appointment to report this change within seven days of the change. Please go to the how to register page to make the appointment. We'll make this change free of charge.

Please make sure you take your police registration certificate (PRC) and your original marriage or civil partnership certificate. If your certificate is not in English, we do not need to see a translated version.

In the case of your marriage to a British citizen, you must also bring their original passport or British birth certificate.

If you can't come to an appointment, you can also post your Police Registration Certificate and a photocopy of your marriage certificate (preferably recorded delivery) to:

Gloucestershire Constabulary
County Police Headquarters
1 Waterwells Drive