This form isn't for reporting domestic abuse. If you need to do that, please report domestic abuse using our online service.

This scheme gives any member of the public the right to ask the police if their partner may pose a risk to them. It is often called ‘Clare’s Law’ after the landmark case that led to it.

This scheme also allows a member of the public to make an enquiry into the partner of a close friend or family member.

Please note: The Clare’s Law (DVDS) scheme does not replace: CRB (Criminal Record Bureau) Checks, DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks, subject access requests or FOI requests.

Advice tool

If a crime is happening now or you're concerned about someone's immediate safety

Thank you. 

This is a crime in progress so we need you to call 999 now.

We'll take down a few details and talk you through the next steps.