Friends of Gloucestershire Crimestoppers
Shop for good with Give as you Live
Give as you Live can help to raise money for Crimestoppers Trust – at no cost to you – every time you shop online.
Sign up to Give as You Live for Crimestoppers, whereby thousands of brands including Amazon, Play.com, John Lewis and Expedia have signed up to donate a percentage of every purchase you make online to Crimestoppers, or your favourite charity. All at no cost to you, and no cost to Crimestoppers. The average shopper will raise £2.10 per month through what they already buy online.
Just fill in a few quick details and download Give as you Live (This is 100% secure and takes just seconds).
Shop online and raise money at no cost to you.
Find out more: http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/support-us/give-as-you-live/
'Crimestoppers Trust is the only charity that helps to solve crimes'
Want to be involved?
There are several ways that you can help Crimestoppers in the fight against crime:
Board Members - (click here to view a profile of a board member)
The Crimestoppers board consists of a group of approximately 15 - 20 people who are representative of the local business community. At the moment we are fortunate enough to have volunteer board members from the following organisations:
- CIA Fire & Security
- Citizen Newspaper
- Gloucestershire Echo
- Gloucestershire's Heart FM
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Prestbury Marketing and Consultancy Limited
- Randall Payne
- The Royal Oak at Prestbury
- The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)
- Hughes Paddison Solicitors
- Ecclesiastical Insurance
- The Mayflower Restaurant
- JS Facilities Group
The keys tasks of board members are:
- To participate with decision making and guide the future direction of Crimestoppers
- To attend and participate in approximately one meeting a month
- To help out at exhibitions and events
Crimestoppers is also currently trying to recruit a number of people who have a few hours to spare either during the day, at weekends or during the evening. These volunteers are vital to ensure that the Crimestoppers message is spread as far afield as possible. Volunteers would be responsible for the following activities:
- Delivering leaflets
- Booking display venues and delivering and setting up displays
- Helping staff exhibitions which are organised regularly throughout the year
Some people may feel that they would like to help Crimestoppers but do not really fit into any of the categories outlined above. There is still a vital area that local businesses can help with and that is by promoting Crimestoppers to your employees and colleagues. You can help by:
- Displaying posters and leaflets
- Borrowing our Crimestoppers display to put in your rest area or canteen
- Including a Crimestoppers leaflet with payslips
- Including a feature on Crimestoppers in your company newsletter or newspaper
To discuss financial contributions and ways in which you can support Crimestoppers, please contact Julia Richardson (Crimestoppers Co-ordinator) using one of the followng methods:
Call: 01452 752056